Welcome to our Deed Poll Service, used by 1000's of people since 2007 and accepted by all UK Government Departments and its agencies.


Changing your name by Deed Poll

You don’t have to follow a legal procedure if you want to start using a new name. However, you might need a ‘deed poll’ to apply for or change official documents, like a passport or driving licence.

A deed poll is a legal document that proves a change of name (What is exactly is a deed poll)

To change your name by deed poll you can:

  • Download the appropriate form from the Ministry of Justice website (Court fee applied)
  • Create your own deed poll
  • Use our trusted deed poll service

Changing your name after marriage or civil partnership

You don’t need a deed poll if you want to take your partner’s surname after getting married or entering into a civil partnership.

Send a copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate to record holders, with a covering letter, and your documents and records will be changed for free to show your new surname.

You’ll need a deed poll if you get married or enter into a civil partnership and want to double-barrel your surname.

Changing your name after divorce or end a civil partnership

After getting divorced or ending a civil partnership, you may be able to go back to your original name by presenting either:

  • your marriage certificate and your decree absolute
  • your civil partnership certificate and your final order

Some organisations may not agree to change your name back without a deed poll.

Quickly Buy a Deed Poll using your Paypal account 

Adult Deed Poll
Child Deed Poll